Monday, June 2, 2008

Mix and Match

Levitan


I love this painting because it looks like a place I've been to, I actually have a photo of myself when I was probably 9 years old (maybe I'll find it..) and I was standing on a bridge over a river/lake very similar to the one in this painting.

Polenov

His house was actually not far from my hometown and I remember I visited it with my parents in the winter. It was turned into a museum. Also, I'm not sure of the exact location of the place in this painting but it looks very similar to an old mansion in my hometown (so due to proximity it could very be the place I'm thinking of, I've never been there myself but I'm proud that it's been in paintings and it was even the location of a famous Soviet movie!)

Mikhail Vrubel



Repin
Ivan the Terrible and His Son

Brulov
I used to have a picture of this painting hanging near my bed.


Bakst



No comments: